By Kieran Adair @kieranadairftw
BY MAEGAN HAMILL @actualmaegy
Practically everyone you know owns a car, right?
The data in this map was compiled by the World Health Organisation between 2010 and 2014, and details the number of registered vehicles worldwide.
Registered vehicles facts:
- Only seven per cent of the world’s population actually own a car
- Between 2010 and 2013 the number of registered vehicles worldwide rose by 16 per cent
- In 2010, Vietnam had more than 31 million registered two- and three-wheelers, compared with only 500,000 cars
- In 2011 the United States had 245 million registered cars, compared with only 8 million registered two- and three-wheelers
- There are twice as many registered vehicles in Bolivia than in Botswana
- There is a similar number of registered heavy trucks in Australia and in Switzerland
Data from The World Health Organisation’s Global Health Observatory data repository.